TRICK SHOT


Well thanks to pranav sarwate’s (one of the very few people I know in pune) deep obsession with staying at home and not coming out even on weekends ,I have often found myself travelling alone in this sweet little city of pune.That travel includes going to movies at the close by ADLABS ,or having 4 chicken mcgrill at mc d, which btw is a totally un-nerving experience ,people will stare at you like you have committed a capital crime by coming there alone.


And constantly in the pursuit of new means of passing time during those long travel times, now that I am bored by all the music I have presently in my ipod. I took a cue from the master himself, Leonardo da vinci’ the great,it is said that he used to carry around little notebooks in which he would record all the random thoughts or ideas he would get,not only that often trivial things like grocery lists, schedules etc. would find their way in his book(BTW bill gates spent millions acquiring da vinci’s notebooks). So, now I carry a small diary and pen with me at all times and whenever I get a particularly intriguing thought or an especially bright idea , I note those down.So,here’s the account of something I thought up of while waiting in the lobby of the neighbouring adlabs while waiting for the start of the next show of wanted.



So there I am watching these three Chinese girls and two of their friends playing pool and I see the one with the black skirt makes an especially difficult pocket,and the following thoughts cross my mind.Next few lines will be verbatim so bear with me.


If you can visualize something happening , right from the conception of the idea to the very end and aftermath of the plan, then you can very well make it happen. This law holds true of everything. And in fact we see examples of it everyday in our lives, but fail to acknowledge it. Take for instance the game of snooker , pool or billiards if you will. Nobody lacks the strength or the basic hand-eye co-ordination than any above average player will possess. But in order to become the best all you need is to visualize the entire shot .From the moment the cue grazes against your hand, right down to the tip of the cue hitting the ball, the ball temporarily resisting motion for the smallest of time and then giving in and rolling forward right into the pocket. The key is not to forget any detail, however small and to incorporate it into you visualization .If you can do that successfully and put you heart and soul into the act ,then my friend there’s nothing in the world you can’t achieve


But wait before you go around thinking exactly how you are going to cross the road, right from the lifting of you foot to you moving forward……and wham! You get hit by a bus. So don’t follow it blindly, but if you like it try applying it in your long term dreams. Visualizing how you are going to achieve them and noting down the steps can be a very good motivational exercise. So I guess some good is coming out of me carrying around a pocket book. Why don’t you try it out too, plus it is like totally handy when you need to note down a number and cant find a piece of paper.


Small pocket diary—Cost Rs 5.00
Pen—Rs 10.00 (I am guessing most probably you have one already)

P.S. The next page of the same diary contains the following list
· Get a hair-cut
· Send mail to abhijeet (v.imp)
· Buy some mayonnaise, fruits, bread and pasta
· Don’t forget to bathe


So really, before you go around following shit I tell you……..take a deep hard look in the mirror and then break that mirror on your head. Trust me u’ll feel good.

signing off now...hoping there is a smile on ur face as u are finishing reading this piece as is on mine now that i have finished writing it.

4 comments:

  Anonymous

23 September 2008 at 6:16 am

Thanks me yet agn coz m the rsn ur creativity is flooding outof ur vella mind!!:D..acha likha hai...bt age se pls no more verbatim..kaun padhega!!
baki mast likha hai...acha hai ab tu phn karke pakayega nahi..tujhe tera tp mil gaya!!:P....
KIU

  sils

23 September 2008 at 8:21 am

yeah der indeed was a smile..... simple but impactful.....;)

  lalit mohan

24 September 2008 at 6:06 am

thaanks to my one consistent reader....
i guess i should start emailing you these instead of updating my blog

  mayank

29 September 2008 at 2:57 am

omg mere sir ke upar se gaya ... too verbose!!