I need my vitamin c

Every time i fly ..there is that feeling back again..no not that one...that is always there...the jolt and the pain in ears ...that's just the pressure difference fellas.

This other thing..now before i tell you this there are two things you should know.


 

1.I have this theory....now i don't know for everyone but for me this kindaa has been the scenario."Pretty girls are never nice to me."Maybe if they get to know me better...but just from the face their first impression is not so good.Ok ...admitted i don't know for sure ..but that's what it looks like.Air hostesses glare at me...female receptionists(whose job is to smile) don't smile at me.


 

2.My buisness plan team made it into the top 6 in Epsilon.Precursor to "Conquest" the international B-PLAN competition. OH..K....Granted u didn't really need to know that but it's just awesome and i wanted u to know.

Anyways getting on with the story..


 

Well the story changed with yesterday's flight. Wait...that wasn't enough build up. The winds of change are sweeping over the middle earth....the time has come ...for the coming of age of the master.

well now....lets's backup ....initial time of flight 4:25


 

8:30 still waitin....

Received a msg...ur flight has been delayed to 11:15 ....wow..my luck grt..

so abt at 10:00 i check in my luggage....and bless my luck again it turns 4 kgs above weight limit...so i try to persuade tha lady sittig there...guess what...instead of glaring at me and charging me extra ...she smiles....and says lemme see what i can do...does her lil thing on the computer.....and tadaaaa i'm free..

yes that's right...even i was amazed(sortaa...started looking for hidden cameras...maybe these guys are pulling a bakra at me.


 

I dismiss this ...as an isolated incident of pity ...maybe she knew already i was 8 hrs late....and maybe she was overtly nice....to everyone....

Done ...i move on....


 

Seat 20 A....aisle seat...damn it i wanted window...


 

flight abt to leave and 20 b ,20 c don't show up...guess what...they didn't...

and your majesty right here all strechted out on all three seats...the whole way....

Maybe it was the late night...lack of sleep or just sugar rush...

i was in a pretty good mood...

So when ...wait a minute...

(u need this to understand this story...usually my first impression is of a desperate geek to everyone....because i am lean,my eyes are usually red..i don't know for sure)..

so on an ordinary day i usually don't expect much...and mind my own damn buisness...

but this was no ordinary day my friends...

so when the hostess comes over to ask if i needed anything to eat or drink...

i ask her for a cup of noodles and some orange juice maybe...


 

So after some time she comes back with noodles and tells me they are out of orange juice and maybe i would be interested in some mixed fruit.And since i am maxed out(read...already low on expectations+tired)...instead of saying something awkwardly because of the pretty girl awkwardness syndrome(PGA) that the male species know of.I respond with a PJ...which is my normal response.....now this is exactly what i said....."as long as it has orange in it,bring me back that bad boy...".By the end of the sentence i have realized what i have said...and bingo there's the "pretty girl awkwardness-PGA" back.I manage to hold my calm and keep the air sickness bag handy...just in case....Waiting for the reaction.Guess what instead of the glare or the pity awkward smile....that pretty dame actually laughed.I'll be right back she said...By the time i regain vision she brings me back the mix fruit.During the stopover in mumbai we strike a conservation.Turns out ... she is a commerce graduate from delhi university and not as uptight as she seemed while giving the safety demonstration...infact she was pretty nice...and amazed that i study in goa.Anyways the story ends when i got off at indira gandhi international and she smiles and asks me if i had a good flight.


 

Damn straight...i did.....it was the best damn flight i ever had....


 

No propaganda...no stupid fear through my procrastinating brain...just two people having a nice conservation....the night mumbai skyline...which btw looks like diamond dotted plate lined with gold lining...(because of the cfl's used in the city and the lamps on the highway....)


 

anyways i am gonna end this one...it's been a long time since i wrote...but i really needed to share this story...

Lesson learned..


 

"fellas instead of trying too hard and trying to present someone you are not..try being yourselves.."

i realise it sounds too cliche adn kindaa like obvious wisdom..but believe me it actually works..


 

anyways listen to this track...


 

"jeff beck-cause we've ended as lovers.."

signing off now...do comment but try not to be mean...i might have lost my touch but it's been a long time


 


 


 


 

3 comments:

  Unknown

24 December 2007 at 10:18 am

This comment has been removed by the author.
  Unknown

24 December 2007 at 10:21 am

[this one is frm ur lil' friend frm bits pilani whom u met on ur ps to renusagar(remember sumit????)]
Hey mate!! that was indeed a pretty remarkable story....r u really serious that it wasnt one of ur dreams during the flight imagining it was pretty 'damn ' gud than it really was????? lol.....well it kinda luked straight outta 'dil chahta hai' but dont worry.....i m not doubtin ur credibility here.....jus wishin u more such happy encounters n some similar ones for me too!!!!

  rajat

25 December 2007 at 6:24 am

SURPRISED haan,
basically i was really bored,so i
read your blog.there r things i need to say to u,but since dis comment wud also b visible to everyone just like your blog,i wud rather say when v meet in jan.