flying under the radar





  • Weeks it has been , don’t remember when I last heard the sweet sound of a modem connecting or the lovable sight of the google homepage. What do they call this feeling ,serenity I guess ,I don’t know I am surprised, it does feel kinda nice though .It happened all here in the cavernous realm of the coal belt of India in U.P. M.P border Renusagar this place is called after a lake of likewise name. Some of u might recall it from your geography textbooks , rihand dam ,ring any bells . Anyways, far from the civilization a world inside another . I was surprised to find how the Birla influence on this place has worked out to be. swimming pool, health club, sports facilities ,libraries all in the middle of nowhere .all this was for the engineers coming to work here in the HINDALCO Renusagar facility. u might know the name from the recent takeover by the firm. well that’s not the point right now. what am I doing here ?Two words ”practice school”……in case any of you don’t know what that is contact me .so I arrive and as usual the first thing take out my laptop …wait ..what? where is the lan connection..man no net in my room….i am not programmed for such a situation. you see ghar pe net ,college main net ….online time is the only quality time I have with myself. And suddenly you firewall me all around .what the f#$% is happening here? few hours sleep and few beers later the swearing tones out. And here’s what goes on next
    After few days………..
    · Read a book
    · They have TATA SKY here…been 6 months since I have held a remote on a couch..feels good
    · Played badminton…nimbupaani(lemonade) after breaking out in a sweat is heavenly
    · Local halwai makes best tea ever…..best taken with an eyeful of local chics(believe m Iwas surprised too…but seems they are extinct only in bits)
    · There used to be such a thing as a morning walk……renaissance
    · View from the nearby hilltop hanuman temple …..utopia

    I am not a romantic or a poet for that matter. But even I realize getting up and moving out feels good. Leaving that chair and lifting my hands off this keyboard I am stuck to right now is good. The little things as I always talk about do appear now. The chirp of a bird in the morning now that I am “early to bed and early to rise”, the morning breeze ,the first sunrays, the smell of the ground after the first rain to name a few. Join me in this…convert half an hour of your of your online time into something else. Why not take this experiment….just for a few days maybe. At least we can reduce if not completely remove it. And as the famous Nobel peace laureate once noted

    “Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world ……..indeed it is the only thing that ever has”
    Margaret Mead.

    Who knows we maybe starting the next revolution…………….signing off now

    lalit mohan
    “ oblivious to the truth”












1 comments:

  Shashank

3 July 2007 at 12:52 pm

nice one man
keep it on
lallan miya full form mein